It's time to plant your tomatoes, find Maxence's advice!
Some tips and tricks for planting your tomatoes:
- Plant in mid-May with “full sun” exposure, after the last frosts,
- Space the planes about 60cm apart. If you can put them up against a wall that's great. A little wind does not harm,
- To cover the foot, do not association with basil, salad, Indian carnations or Marigolds,works very well,
- You can put a little fresh cut grass at the bottom of the hole (a handful) or even better nettle,
- You can remove both leaves from the bottom of the foot,
- The hole can be about twenty centimeters but you will only sink the plant for about 10 centimeters so that the roots go down well, no need to tamp the earth after planting because this crushes the roots,
- Water for a long time when planting and then stop watering for a week so that the roots get used to fetching water from the depths and descending. You can then water your plants on a regular basis,
- Do not wait to place stakes because by installing them later you could damage the roots
- It is absolutely necessary to mulch so as not to leave the soil exposed
- Don't forget to note the varieties of the different feet to find your way around.
Good luck and don't hesitate to send us your photos!